Don’t be fooled
Yesterday morning I was in line for coffee with a friend when I noticed the “healthy” pop tarts on display. The packaging was deceptive to give it a wholesome look that would make you believe the snack was a healthy one.
I flipped it over and read the ingredients: Refined flour. Refined sugar. Additives. Loads of simple carbs and sugars.
There was nothing remotely healthy about it!
A snack like that causes weight gain and further poor food choices…and yet people are being fooled into thinking that it’s healthy and good for them.
Looking around the coffee shop I realized that the new trend is to present processed snack foods in packaging that suggests that it’s healthy. The one or two benefits of the product are displayed prominently so that we forget to check the rest of the ingredients…
“Gluten Free!” (but filled with other refined grains AND sugar)
“Organic!” (but filled with refined sugar)
“Vegan!” (but filled with unhealthy fats and refined sugars)
“Sugar Free!” (but filled with artificial sweeteners)
What really upsets me about this deceptive marketing is that good people who truly want to make healthy choices are being duped. They are eating these packaged foods with the misconception that it’s healthy and beneficial, when in reality they may as well be eating the cheaper packaged snacks from a gas station. The weight gain and nutritional hazards are the same.
Big food knows that we want to eat healthier, so their marketing is getting more clever than ever to keep us coming back to purchase their packaged, processed, toxic foods. And we pay the price in pounds gained, and in health diminished.
Let’s fight back.
- Pass by the packaged snack foods, no matter how enticing and comforting the words on it may be.
- ALWAYS read the ingredient list of foods you purchase.
- Stick with real, whole foods instead of processed foods.
- Join my life-changing fitness program to bring your results to the next level.
Call or email me today to get started on the path to being healthy and fit!
Shop over 500+ Wellness products at wholesale prices: Every product has been developed and manufactured to stand out from the competition. Each must be superior in a very clear and relevant way to the products you might otherwise use. That means they are researched, refined, and scrutinized before they ever go to market. Click the link below to learn more:
500+ Exclusive Wellness Products"Your Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit... Therefore Honor God with Your Body"--1st Corinthians 6:19-20
One Body to Last Your Lifetime
|Our programs include:
- Functional Fitness Boot Camp
- Small group personal training to get you in your best shape! Available by ongoing contracts, or drop-in for $8 per class
- Nutritional support
- Full faculity use, including our cardio fitness room
- Personal Training
- One-on-one training with a certified trainer
- Nutritional support
- Personalized stretching
- Rehabilitation as needed
- Massage Therapy
- Choose from our independent massage therapists. Call for appointment.
Minerals in traditional supplements can trigger massive free radical activity during digestion. These free radicals can actually cancel out the benefits of antioxidants like vitamins C and E. In the Peak Performance Pack, Oligo minerals are different. Oligo protects these critical antioxidants up to 5 times better than the leading brands. As a result, your body gets more of the nutrition it needs most for more energy every day and a lifetime of better health backed by two highly trusted clinical studies.
Whether your day consists of crossing finishing lines or meeting deadlines, Peak Performance Pack delivers targeted, research-supported nutrition to improve heart health, metabolic health, and cellular health, so you get the most from your efforts every day. Available for Women, Men, or 50+..
Stop Drinking Calories
Here’s an easy way to drop weight: don’t drink calories.
Liquid calories are sneaky. You don’t get that full feeling like with solid foods, but you’re still taking in tons of calories. Avoid drinks like: regular sodas, smoothies, juices, sweet coffee drinks, hot chocolate, milk shakes, and alcoholic beverages.
Drink plenty of water instead.
Oregano and Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs
Here is a chicken dish that is great to make on busy weeknights. It’s quite simple, yet yields tremendous flavor with very little effort on your part. While many chicken dishes turn out dry, these bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs come out moist and tender every single time!
For the olive mixture, feel free to use a combination of whatever olives and roasted peppers and garlic that you like. If your market has an olive bar, then that’s the perfect place to put together a nice sampling of flavors to use for this recipe. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup combination of roughly chopped pimento stuffed green olives, kalamata olives, pimentos and roasted garlic (or whatever looks good at your local olive bar!)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut oil, olive oil, fresh oregano, garlic, sea salt, paprika and pepper. Place the chicken thighs skin side up in a casserole pan, and spread the flavor mixture over the skin. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the olive mixture and lemon wedges over the chicken and return to the oven to roast the thighs until the skin is crisp and a thermometer registers at 165 degrees F in this thickest part of the thigh, about 20 more minutes. Switch the oven to high broil for 2 to 3 minutes at the very end of the cook time to crisp up the chicken skins. Garnish with fresh oregano. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 353 calories, 22g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 625mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 34g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.